Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shabby to Chic

...Or at least I think so! I had this dresser in my room and have always thought it was butt ugly! So, I have been checking out some other blogs where they take old, busted crap and turn it into the new hotness and I figured I could try my hand at it.
Before:


After:

I love the "distressed" look of it! I love the turqouise color! I just freakin love it! I added some new brushed nickel handles, and got the lamp at Target on sale for $12 and I love the fuschia with the turquoise.
Now I am looking at my ugly desk and thinking...the next time we have some sunny weather I've got some painting to do!!!

9 comments:

Jane said...

You did a great job on your dresser redo. Love the color and the handles really finished it off.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

uh oh! you'll be hooked now! Isn't it a great feeling?
way to go, love the color

gail

Theresa said...

I have the EXACT dresser!!! I just primed it last night, and then found this today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Theresa

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Great color choice. I love turquoise and it really works on the waterfall dresser!

Michelle said...

Wow! That is amazing! I love the color.

The Single Nester said...

What a great job! I love it and thank you for linking up to my Turquoise Tuesday Party.

Dreams of Perfection said...

How beautiful! The lamp shade color works fabulously with the turquoise also.

diana said...

WOW i am with Theresa, but i still have it in the original condition, Color looks wonderful.

Katie said...

TOO funny! I think I have that SAME dresser but the butt ugly version of course. haha It was my in laws and I think they would die if we painted it blue. Yours turned out SO cute though. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :)